Woodland’s preschool and prekindergarten programs strive to meet each student’s evolving needs. Promoting learning through play to develop real-life skills, our programs for two-, three-, and four-year-olds lay the foundation for a love of learning.
Children are encouraged in a safe environment by an experienced, caring staff. The Preschool’s objectives are to:
- Instill a love of learning at an early age.
- Encourage academic and social development.
- Provide a safe and nurturing environment.
- Foster life-long friendships.
- Advance self-confidence.
- Make learning fun.
- Promote manners and respect for others.
- Explore arts and crafts, music and onstage performance.
- Prepare students for school readiness.
Kindergarteners at Woodland Country Day School are encouraged to play and work cooperatively, cultivate a love of learning and develop a caring attitude. While being introduced to foundational academic skills, students also develop self-confidence and independence.
Prekindergarten classes are from 8:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m. Families may select to attend five days per week or for three days per week (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday). A healthy morning snack is provided. Noon lunchtime is followed by recess. Students nap each afternoon between 2:00-3:00 p.m.
Early morning and extended day care is included in tuition for Preschool students.