PreK - 8th Grade Private School in Bridgeton, New Jersey

History

A Voyage of Discovery

Educating The Mind, Reaching The Heart

1959
$
1959

Founded

Founded in 1959 as St. John’s Day School, the school was located in the Parish House of St. John’s Episcopal Church in Salem.

In 1961 The Board of Trustees purchased the historic Wood Mansion as the school’s new home.

1964
#
1964

Non-denominational School

In 1964, St. John’s was officially chartered as a non-denominational school.
1977
$
1977

School’s New Name

In 1977, Woodland Country Day School became the school’s new name to better reflect its longstanding tradition of welcoming children of all races, creeds, and nationalities and to commemorate the Judge Wood family’s place in historic Jericho.
1984
#
1984

First Accredited

First accredited in 1984, and the first independent elementary school in South Jersey to be accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Woodland is currently accredited by both the Middle States and the New Jersey Association of Independent Schools.
1985
#
1985

New Facilities

A building program in 1985 led to the addition of a new gymnasium and classroom building.
1995
$
1995

Learning Center

A 1995 capital campaign funded an endowment and our learning center for technology and science studies was opened.

Present
#
Present

Forerunner in Education

Today, enrollment is limited in numbers, but diverse in character with the student population continuing to reflect a cross-section of the South Jersey communities, which the school serves.

{

An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. 

Benjamin Franklin